Monday, October 31, 2005

19

The Three stooges at it Again.
This pic is from my most recent trip to Naha. As some of you know, the outer islanders try to meet up once a month for shenanigans. This is the result of our most recent brainstorming. We thought it would be really funny to adnore matching adidas jumpsuits and Japanese headbands. Moreover, we thought it would be funnier if we wore these to an Okinawan Metal band concert -which in and of itself was a riot. Additionally, I got the bright idea to wear white t-shirts and have Japanese strangers graffitti our t-shirts in Kanji. To this day, I have no idea what is written on that shirt. Either way it was a pretty fun -at the least memorable- night.
On another note, I have some more pics of the island that I will put up shortly. The other night I went out to see if I could take any pictures of the stars from Kita Daito. This was big no-go. On the bright side... My fruitbat sightings/encounters are up to 5; three of which have been up close and personal. If you come to visit KD and go for a night walk, be prepared for one of those big guys to pop out at eye-level and scare the living be-jesus out of you. It's happened to me 3 times out of three months. On the other hand, it is also really easy to see shooting stars out here, and I see them quite frequently.
Lastly, some new birds arrived on KD this week. I haven't seen them before and am assuming they are migratory. They are these huge, white, crane-like birds. I was able to make out from my neighbor that they come to feed on the grubs in the sugarcane after it is harvested.

Posted by Picasa